Ten Reasons to Try Snowblading
Why Try the New Snowblades Rather than Skis or Snowboards? Here are the Top Ten Reasons:
- Less expensive! Spend your money on travel and lift tickets, not equipment, travel gear and lessons. Snowblades range from about $99 for entry level to about $450 for the top end which includes bindings.
- Easier to use! Snowblades being shorter means less chance of crossing or catching tips like with skis and the exceptional maneuverability makes it much easier to stay upright. Snowblades are very easy to control, to stop & turn on than skis and snowboards.
- Get rid of the conventional! You know, lessons, poles, traveling with all that equipment. Snowblades are so new that most stores don’t even know what you are talking about, but the sport is sweeping the slopes as more people say no to the traditional ways of snowriding. Fun is what it is all about, not rules. Break out of the old ways and treat yourself to the experience of freedom that only Snowblades can provide.
- Express your creativity! Like feeling totally free? Just think, no more fighting the equipment! This is a totally new sport, open to interpretation and creativity. Do you enjoy Big Air and styling on tricks no one has ever seen before? Snowblades Rule! Ever thought of dancing on the snow? Yes, with skiboards you can actually snowdance alone or with someone else – backwards, forwards, turning, disco (!), anything goes. Yes, imagine – anything goes!
- Stay in great shape! Snowblading is the perfect exercise because it is not only an excellent way to stay in shape, but you are usually having so much fun that you don’t even notice!
- FUN – It just gets better and better! Look forward to going again. Each time you go, it’s better than the last time. Imagine being outdoors, on soft white stuff, just blazing down the mountain in total control, doing whatever you want to without the hindrance of the equipment. Most people we know who have been introduced to the sport have gotten their season passes for the next season because they have become totally addicted. Eight out of ten people who try snowblades are converts.
- Snowblading is a sport that you can truly enjoy with friends and family. The great thing about Snowblades is that everyone gets good quick so you can all cruise together, doesn’t matter about skill levels as with skis or snowboards. You can all go anywhere on the mountain and have real fun together. Snowbladers – imagine not having to wait for your friends on snowboards or skis anymore! Get them on Snowblades and you can hang together. Great for bonding.
- Snowblade anywhere! Glades, moguls, double black terrain, parks, pipes, deep powder, it is all suddenly yours to play on. Snowblades are also excellent for backcountry (being highly portable).
- Be popular! Snowbladers get swamped with questions on the slopes: What are they? What are they like? Where can you get them? etc. Some people get literally surrounded by people inquiring about them.
- Safety. Snowblades are the safest snow riding tool on the slopes when mounted with regular ski-type release bindings (which most come with these days). Short, easy to turn, no crossing tips and you can stop fast! No more ski injuries like torn ACL’s, knee injuries or more that skiers get to enjoy.
Article by Doc Roberts, PhD., President