Realizing that it is difficult to remain calm in the face of anxiety and perceived danger, BUMPS FOR BOOMERS out of Aspen, Colorado uses an innovative approach that incorporates training on snowblades … very short, about 95 cm shaped skis that, counter-intuitive to the short length, actually help you to be a more balanced skier. Snowblades reduce anxiety and help you learn faster.
These very maneuverable skis instantly bring out the playfulness in everyone. Consequently, your learning process will be fun, you will learn faster and you will experience the following benefits over training on your traditional length skis:
(1) Snowblades provide you clear and instantaneous feedback on your stance, producing a more centered and balanced skier.
(2) A snowblade’s smaller turning radius provides better speed control enabling patient, rounded turns and reduced anxiety – even in moguls and powder.
(3) A snowblade’s shorter length makes turning easier which builds confidence in three-dimensional terrain presented by moguls and powder.
(4) Snowblades are substantially lighter than traditional length skis, which reduces both fatigue and knee stress.
(5) Newly learned skills easily transfer back to your traditional length skis should you choose to do so.
(6) And, finally, because of all of the above, you are able to quickly move into confidently skiing mogul and powder terrain and gain important mileage and experience in making terrain selection decisions.
You will learn new skills dramatically faster if you train using snowblades.
Yes you can learn to ski quickly using snowblades. If you choose to ride longer skis, you will have progressed much more quickly using snowblades rather than starting out on longer skis.